Monday, August 15, 2011

Here fishy fishy.

So excited to be sharing a new addition today. It all started after I shared my fixation on that goldfish painting (mentioned often but most recently here), I was contacted by independent artist, Kelly Duvall, to see if I would be interested in her creating a similar piece for my very own. Naturally, the answer was yes!



Kelly dabbles in a variety of mediums including sketches, watercolors and oils on everything from stationery to canvas. She creates inspired pieces like this but also event paintings and dog portraits. A kind, talented and generous artist, you definitely should check out her etsy shop!







Have I gushed enough? Ok, lets get on to the main event shall we?



Goldfish Painting

Goldfish PaintingGoldfish Painting



I waited until we were at the shore to unfurl the canvas. It took a lot of self control to wait that long - I was dying to see what was waiting for me...



Goldfish Painting



Ta-da! Love. A bit different than the original in terms of the technique, shading, coloring and shape but a beautiful piece - I am smitten!



Goldfish Painting



Now that summer is almost over, I can really start designing the bedroom with this as a centerpiece. I'm so in love with it, this is my new phone screensaver!



Goldfish Painting



Isn't it great? A huge thank you to Kelly for doing such a beautiful job.



On the downside, how am I going to make the whole room as striking as this painting? I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and repaint the walls? Or change up my concept a bit to stray from the pale tones I was planning to use? And where am I going to find the perfect tangerine lamp? More on that later but I'd love to hear your thoughts in the meantime.