Monday, June 6, 2011

To paint or not to paint. That is the question.

While I usually stay away from blog controversy of any kind, I'm making an exception today to get your input on whether I should or should not paint this dresser.

Two weeks ago I was arrested by this ombre paint treatment and wanted to give it a try for my shore bedroom. This traditional style dresser that would do the trick. So what do you think - go for it or leave it be?

To paint or not to paint? That is the question.

Most people seem to fall into one of two sides on this issue. On one side those think stained wood is special and shouldn't be covered. On the other side those who don't give covering wood in paint a second thought. I tend to fall into the latter category as I hold no sacred place in my heart for wood finishes - I can take it or leave it.

I really don't like the reddish stain on this piece so I'm not sure why Im hesitating. Maybe I am afraid I wont like the ombre once I do it myself and then curse myself for not leaving as is?

So what do you think? What side do you fall on?