Monday, June 20, 2011

Shore files: Guppy Love Bedroom

Pardon the pun, I just can't get this guppy out of my mind. I've been playing around with other ideas for the shore bedroom but nothing captures me quite like this orange and aqua palette. I'm not even a big fan of orange but it seems like it might have to happen.



Thankfully, I've found a possible alternative to the goldfish painting (fingers crossed) which the whole room is based around. I don't want to go too crazy with the orange so I'll just add it in an accessory or two as well like a lamp and pillows.



ShoreBedroomInspirationBoard

cb2 palette pillow,home decorators garden chair, home depot bamboo shade



And it occured to me perhaps I can use the dresser (you know, the one that I was going to try an ombre treatment but chickened out) as is IF i bring in that reddish wood tone in with the window shades. I have these same bamboo blinds in the kitchen and they don't look too bad. Maybe they will work in the bedroom?







I'd love to bring in a striped rug but I'm having a hard time buying another rug when the one I have is perfectly fine. It just feels wrong (even though I would totally be telling anyone else to let it go.)



2011DSC_1070.jpg

curtainworks sailcloth, ikea hemnes bed & nightstands, target shag rug



The one thing I'm having a problem with is the bedding. Of course I am - I still haven't found the right bedding for my master bedroom in brooklyn after 3 years of looking! What makes me think I'll find just the thing here overnight?



So what do you think?
Any ideas on bedding? Will this reddish wood look totally bizarre in here even with the blinds to match? Can I get a new look without having to do a whole lot?