Monday, April 4, 2011

Whimsical Window Treatment in the Box Room

Remember the box room? Yep, that little space I've been outfitting with odds and ends. Well, Im one step closer to calling it finished because I just diy'd a whimsical no sew window treatment that I just love. 2011DSC_0336Vintage letter roman shade window treatment.jpg

The best part is I did it with just $1 worth of new supplies plus other things I already had laying around the house. And yes, its incredibly ironic to have a no sew window treatment in a room with a sewing machine. What can I say? I like to keep you guessing :) 2011DSC_0315-EditVintage letter roman shade window treatment.jpg

As a little refresher, here is a reminder of what the room looked like pre and post renovation. Little Bedroom BeforeDSC_0029

It all started with the fabulous dressform the hubs surprised me with, then I turned a found door into a desk, then I hung a gallery wall with art I had saved over the years, and finally I layed down some Flor carpet squares to make a rug. It was almost there but the window was looking sparce. So what do you think of the window treatment? Want to make your own version? Stay tuned for the full tutorial and clipart download.