Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Living Room: New Addition

Thanks for the comments on the shore kitchen. Still loads to do there so I'll keep you updated. In other catching up news, remember my unfinished living room? Guess how much Ive done in here? Nada. Zilch. Zero.


DSC_0391

But I did finally find an old dresser that will serve as a sofa table (the current table is moving into the hubs very much a mess man room). It was hard to find something 30 inches or less. Everything I liked was too high until I found this bad boy at the Meeker Avenue Flea a few weeks ago. Its a bit on the shorter side at just 28 inches but beggers can't be choosers.


Sure, its a mess right now but its going to get a paint treatment so it can take its rightful place behind the sofa. Unsure of the color. I'm thinking Martha Stewart Plumage - not only because I like it but because I have nearly a full quart of it left from my stencil junk drawer overhaul project last month. That would also give me an accent color for this room so I could add a few tweaks.

That said, I'm not opposed to springing for a whole new quart of paint. Anyone have another suggestion for color?