Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Favorite Nook: Funky Junk Interiors

Kicking off the return of the Favorite Nook series is Donna of Funky Junk Interiors. She takes upcycling to whole new levels in her home. If you have somehow missed her blog, make time to read up and see all of her amazing creative projects.

FavoriteNookBanner

How thrilling is it being on Brookyn Limestone! Thanks for having me over Stefanie!



My most favorite nook of all is my funky eclectic blog area.


I'm a true blue junker, so when I found the saw horses, old ladder and palette boards, they were perfect for the desk.

The wall unit is simply pine components you purchase from Ikea. Painted, glazed, and framed out with zig zag palette board supports, the unit takes on a custom look. And is the perfect place to stash all my favorite things of course. :)





Quite simply, I love all the elements. The vintage pieces speak to me, while serving important office functions.


And rustic elements reside everywhere you look. I made no effort to cover up the fact that the desk was framed with a ladder. I love the additional exposed layers.




The top of the desk makes me smile every day. :) No two boards are alike which is what makes them extra special. We're all diverse in our own way, aren't we?


Just for fun bolt elements were added for some rustic desk jewelry. Screw a hole, plunk them in.


And the palette boards were lettered up in a random fashion to simulate reclaimed sign pieces.




What's not to love, when you surround yourself with all the things you love?

There is one other reason I REALLY love this space.







Pride has alot to do with this area. I built it. From the ground up.



I have the sunshine all around me. Pets nearby. My son next to me. The location is central. I honestly can't think of one thing I'd change!


Oh right. Yes. There is one thing. Doing away with that conservative off center chandy with half the bulbs untwisted. (whoops) Definitely. I'll get right on that...

My favorite nook.

Where passion takes over and time stands still.