Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unsettled

Lately I've been feeling 'unsettled'. That is the best way I can describe it. I think this happens to me every year around this time. (Ok, so maybe this is earlier than usual but its winterish behavior for me.) I have no complaints but I'm looking at the new year and wondering if I'm pointing myself in the right direction when it comes to career, family, improving myself, etc. What will the old lady version of myself wish she could have told the 33 year old me?

awesome photo found at pinterest

I'm a planner - always have been - and I don't feel like I have a good map for my future right now. Planning things usually comes naturally and lately its been more of a struggle. Maybe not knowing is a good thing but it doesn't make me feel too comfortable.

And just in case you were wondering I'm not complaining. I know I've lived a mostly charmed life so far; I'm proud to have accomplished what I have so far; I have lots to look forward to. This blog is a clear no whine zone and I plan to keep it that way. I don't need to know where Im going to know that I have been blessed in more ways than I can possibly count.
I'm not feeling depressed or down. Just unsure of where I'm heading which is weird for me. Maybe I should embrace it but it just doesn't feel right.

But I was just wondering - what do you do to get yourself out of a funk? anyone else feel the same way and figure a way around it?