Monday, January 24, 2011

Junk Drawer Overhaul: Megan's Kitchen

I don't know about you but after seeing Megan's amazing kitchen over at Honey We're Home, I wanted to snoop around a bit. Good thing for me, she agreed to play along in letting us see whats inside her drawers. No shock, Megan's self defined 'mess' is not really a mess at all but at least we can say we saw whatever dark side there was to this beautiful space.

BrooklynLimestoneJunkDrawerOverhaul

Aye, aye, aye! For me, a lover of all things organized, Stefanie asking me to show my junk drawers feels sorta like the equivalent of being caught with my pants down! I kid! But, this was just the nudge I needed to clear out some drawers in the kitchen and get them in tip-top shape!

The drawer I immediately knew I wanted to tackle is our “large kitchen tools” drawer. It’s one of the most frequently used, and while pretty much everything in it belonged in there, it was all a jumbled mess.

image

See?

image

A quick trip to the Container Store, also known as Mecca for those-who-love-to-organize, and I bought a few clear containers to store my tools. I measured the drawer first to see what sizes I would need.

image

I started by taking everything out of the drawer and grouping similar tools together.

image

Look what I even found- the cover to my meat thermometer! I thought it got thrown out when we moved! (isn’t finding things a great reward for getting organized?)

image

Our wooden spoons, spatulas, whisks, and tongs go in these silver containers that I got at Bed, Bath, and Beyond - for easy access while cooking.

image

A few minutes later . . .

Kitchen Organization 006
Ahh, feels so good to be able to see everything! But then I got inspired to organize a few more drawers!


image

The Silverware Drawer

image
image

The Baby Drawer

image
Kitchen Organization 013

The Baking Accessories Drawer

image image

The Junk Drawer

image
image
Kitchen Organization 008

Thank you Stefanie for the little nudge! I’m pulling my pants back up now;)

*****************

To see more of Megan's gorgeous home and organizational tactics, pop over to Honey We're Home.