Monday, January 31, 2011

Gallery Wall Obsessed.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm kind of obsessed with gallery walls. You already know I have one in my box room but I've been tossing around the idea of doing a much larger one at the shore. (Yes, one more project on the never ending to-do list there!)

Something fairly structured with all like frames and large white mattes against the wall with the tv.
BeachLivingRoomWindowsAfter2

I can't find a photo of exactly what I'm thinking but these are some inspirational images. I'm not sure if I want to do something that fills up the entire wall or something more of an organic shape around the tv but I know I want to do something.


photo: martha stewart

I think it will be visually interesting and help balance the room while being a dramatic conversation starter. Mr. Limestone thinks it might be distracting while watching tv. What do you think? Is my obsession with gallery walls and photos obscuring my design sense?


postscript: Speaking of photos, Maggie Rose just hung the poster size Ostrich photo she won in last months giveaway. You have no idea how much my photos hanging in other peoples homes thrill me. Go check it out.