Friday, October 1, 2010

Steal this Idea*: Painted Pattern Floor

Its Friday (yippee!) - time for another Steal this Idea* feature - a tiny show of appreciation for a well executed tutorial. Today's know how comes from Tricia Rose of Cabin on the Water.

She created a beautifully understated design detail in a spot others might overlook - the porch floor. Here is how it looked when she got started:

Tricia worked her magic with pencil, painters tape and elbow grease...

Tada! Here is the after:

I love how she used a pale gray rather than a bolder color. It adds a subtle texture without taking away from the view out the windows and give its an aged look that wouldn't be possible with most shades.

Pretty fabulous right? Check out all the details and tips at her blog.

Has anyone done a similar project but with different results?

postscript:
*When I say steal, I really mean borrow nicely and give proper credit!
**If you have an idea/tutorial you would like me to consider for a feature, email me. I'd love to see!