Friday, October 8, 2010

Steal this Idea*: No Paint Striped Walls

Its Friday (yippee!) - time for another Steal this Idea* feature - a tiny show of appreciation for a well executed tutorial. Today's know how comes from Camila of High Heeled Foot in the Door.

This is the kind of idea that you smack your head with your hand and wonder why haven't you thought of it already?? She used a little brain power to recreate a interesting design element without spending a lot of money or getting a single drop of paint on her hands. Inpired by this photograph from Country Living...

Camila got some of this....

And much measuring later, it looks like this:

I love how it looks in black + white but you could mix this up in a lot of ways with different colors, widths and spacing. I think this would look pretty cool on a slant too.

She even tested it to make sure it won't ruin the paint underneath. Perfect for renters (or those afraid of stripe commitment!). I am impressed. Check out all the details at her blog.

Has anyone done a similar project but with different results?

postscript:
*When I say steal, I really mean borrow nicely and give proper credit!
**If you have an idea/tutorial you would like me to consider for a feature, email me. I'd love to see!