Friday, September 24, 2010

Steal this Idea*: Punch Pop Art

Its Friday (yippee!) - time for another Steal this Idea* feature - a tiny little show of appreciation for a well executed tutorial. Today's know how comes from Londen of Sixty-Fifth Avenue.


I had somehow missed her beautiful blog in all my surfing. Thankfully she emailed me this simple, cheap but impactful decor idea that I think turned out just fabulous. The best part is - it requires almost no skill whatsoever - just a little bit of punching and glue and you're done.

Londen took a butterfly paper punch and some old magazines and made the most adorable wall art for her family. From this....

to this:

in just a few easy steps. Check out all the details at her blog.

What I really like about this project is that it can be reincarnated in a lot of different ways. This version is very cheery and kid friendly but with a different punch and some different ephmera, it could have a totally different vibe. It would also be a great way to reuse some sentimental scraps you've been keeping but don't need in their original form anymore like old cards or letters.

Has anyone done a similar project but with different results?

postscript:
*When I say steal, I really mean borrow nicely and give proper credit!
**If you have an idea/tutorial you would like me to consider for a feature, email me. I'd love to see!