Friday, September 3, 2010

Steal this Idea*: Cardigan Cushion

As someone who loves a good tutorial and knows just how much work goes into one, I think its only fair they get a wee bit more attention. Thus, the Steal this Idea* series was born . Today's tutorial is from Sarah, of Modern Country Style, who emailed me this clever reuse of an old cardy.



We all have at least one old cardigan sweater laying around and Sarah was kind enough to share the lowdown on how to turn it from trash to treasure.

She cut off the arms, stiched up the sides...

...replaced the buttons and sewed the whole thing together. Using the placket you can just slip a pillow form right in.

Check out her detailed instructions here. For inspiration, here are some other adorable versions from Woman's Day.


I have at least two sweaters that I'm eyeing with sharp scissors in hand for this. Such a simple concept but a great idea if you have the materials laying around. And when I get tired of my sweater pillow I won't feel so guilty parting with it.

postscript:
*When I say steal, I really mean borrow nicely and give proper credit!
**If you have an idea/tutorial you would like me to consider for a feature, email me. I'd love to see!