Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Brooklyn: Atlantic Antic

Anyone who lives in or around NYC knows that street fairs tend to be kind of a bust. I'm not sure why but 90% of them seem to be overrun by booths selling socks warehouse style or pushing shamwows. So when we decided to stop by the Atlantic Antic this weekend, my expectations were low. Much to my delight, this street fair was a winner. The food was varied and delish, loads of great booths selling interesting items, etc.

AtlanticAntic12
booth outside a vintage sign store - a big "S" came home with me
AtlanticAntic6AtlanticAntic18
S is for StreetFairAtlanticAntic10

Some great items for browsing and buying.
AtlanticAntic15AtlanticAntic3AtlanticAntic5AtlanticAntic21

Like these adorable robot organic tee's from Lunacy Design. I lusted after that antique embalming fluid bottle from a vendor selling glassware found in the ground but I was too cheap to spring for it. This pretty compact adorned with beautiful photography from Citybitz would make a great souvenir in my humble opinion. And these cool image transfer signs on wood - I wonder if there a simple way to DIY that?

Of course it wouldn't be a street fair without some stellar street food to feast on.
AtlanticAntic19AtlanticAntic14AtlanticAntic13AtlanticAntic7AtlanticAntic11

All in all, a winner. Big hand to whoever organizes this event. We'll be adding the Atlantic Antic one to our annual must do list.