Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I love creepy!

Have you seen HGTV's new show Secrets from a Stylist? Its hosted by Emily Henderson, winner of this year's Design Star competition, but more importantly author of a fabulous blog, A Brass Petal. Go read it and you'll wish she were your gal pal.


Yea, I have a shrine to Emily in my blog. That's totally normal, right?

Her show was great - quite a bit different from standard HGTV "paint it beige" fair. If you haven't seen it yet, you should go to your tv guide and find one of the bazillion re-airings. I hope HGTV gets smart and orders a bunch more episodes stat.

But why am I mentioning it? Its because of this amaaaazzing oil portrait she included in her room design.

This is the best photo I could find but you can clearly see it in all its glory.

I.LOVE.IT! I want it. My love for creepy oil paintings knows no bounds. If you've been following my blog for a while, this is nothing new. As evidenced by my own mini collection of creepy old art. For your enjoyment: my scary girl in the woods passed down by my father, my scary old lady (known to us as "grandma") given to me by Mr. L and a few smaller random portraits in a gallery wall.

DSC_0180.JPGscaryoldladypainting2
GalleryWall12

And while I love what I have, I wouldn't mind stumbling upon something as striking as gorgeous as what Emily managed to locate. I've never seen anything like that unless it was really expensive. I guess thats one of the many reasons she has a show and I don't - she knows stuff!

But why have the decor gods forsaken me? I want to stumble on these awesome finds (at affordable prices) too! Am I looking in the wrong places?

Some other examples of found on the web

photo credits: making arrangements, sfgirlbybay, my sweet savanah

Ok so spill the beans people. Is there a secret warehouse that you can tip me off to? Do you have any spooky art that holds a special place in your heart? I'd love to see. (And don't forget to share where you found it!)