Friday, August 27, 2010

Steal this Idea*: Painted Wallpaper

As someone who loves a good tutorial and knows just how much work goes into one, I think its only fair they get a wee bit more attention. Thus, the Steal this Idea series was born. Today's tutorial is from Emily of Jones Design Company who emailed me this amazing project.


The title says it all. She hand painted a wallpaper pattern! WHAT??? I can't even imagine the patience Emily has but it turned out amazing. Seeing her handiwork almost makes me believe I could do it myself. Almost.

She created a template out of cardboard and used it to trace an outline all around the room. She didn't even use a level!!


And then proceeded to fill in the lines with some leftover latex paint.


After what I imagine to be a lot of time with paintbrush in hand, it looks like this.


I admit it, I'm really impressed. I love it. Who is brave enough to give it a try?

Check out her detailed instructions (along with some other great tutorials on her blog) here.

postscript:
*When I say steal, I really mean borrow nicely and give proper credit!
**If you have an idea/tutorial you would like me to consider for a feature, email me. I'd love to see!