Friday, August 13, 2010

Steal This Idea*: Fake a Zinc look

By complete accident I stumbled upon a fabulous faux zinc tutorial I just had to share with you. So it got me thinking - Knowing just how much work goes into great tutorials, they really don't get the credit they deserve. Therefore I'm launching a new feature: Steal This Idea*.

I'm not usually a big fan of faux finishes (im looking at you courtland of design star!) but I'm making an exception here as I was totally impressed with this one. Not to mention, real zinc furniture is out far out of my price range.



The technique complete with detailed explanation and video tutorial comes from the lovely Jami of Freckled Laundry.




I don't think I'm brave (or patient enough) to try it on a whole piece of furniture as Jami did but I think would be such a great look for something smaller. Maybe a cool art piece? Or a new finish on an old find? What do you think?

Hope you are all about to kick off a fabulous weekend. I'll see you next week.

postscript:
*When I say steal, I really mean borrow nicely and give proper credit!
**If you have an idea/tutorial you would like me to consider for a feature, email me. I'd love to see!