Friday, August 20, 2010

Steal this Idea*: DIY Chevron

As someone who loves a good tutorial and knows just how much work goes into one, I think its only fair they get a wee bit more attention. Thus, Steal this Idea series is born. Today's tutorial is from Redilocks of Get it Swoonworthy who emailed me after reading last week's feature.



It might be easy to forget that this simple pattern isn't quite so simple to reproduce correctly. The DIY requires a little math. Don't say I didn't warn you. But sometimes a little effort can go a long way.

She took some plain old Ikea shoe racks ...

and made them a statement piece with a little paint and tape.


Check out her detailed instructions here.

Wouldn't this technique look fab on the back of a bookcase or even a floor? And maybe in a striking contrasting color duo like turquoise and candy red? Love.

postscript:
*When I say steal, I really mean borrow nicely and give proper credit!
**If you have an idea/tutorial you would like me to consider for a feature, email me. I'd love to see!