Thursday, August 12, 2010

Shore Files: In case you are wondering...

StumpSideTableinPlace

...the stump stool is in place and its looking good. I'm a bit meh on the wheels (I can sort of see them if I sit in a certain spot across the room) but I think it needs the height. Maybe I'll switch them out at some point but its good for now. Definitely happy I didn't paint it.

Summer06LivingRoom

Aside from this addition, I've gotten absolutely no where on my other beachy to-dos. Here is what's on the agenda when I get around to it.

  1. Window treatments (I think I've decided what I'm doing and it requires sewing)
  2. New pillows (Still searching)
  3. Adding some vintage/found/ character pieces (Still searching)

After I get those in place I'll figure out what else is needed to round off the space. And of course I haven't even started tackling the nightmare that is the kitchen or getting going on the bedroom.

But I do have a goody in store for you. We renovated the bathroom! This is what it looked like when we bought the place.

Before_DuringWalkthru_Bath

This photo doesn't show just how nasty it was truly was. Hair, blood, urine, the whole shebang was left to us as a housewarming gift. I literally wore a bio-suit and mask while cleaning it for the first time. But it was functional so we didn't want to renovate just for gross factor. Cut to 5 years later, we suspected some water leakage behind the walls so it was the perfect opportunity to change out the tiles and fixtures. I'm absolutely loving how it turned out - I just have to put a few finishing touches in there and it will be ready for the unveiling. Stay tuned to see how its looking now!