Friday, August 6, 2010

Oh Martha!

In case you were looking for me last night, I was at my very first blog networking shindig.


I wasn't actually invited - it was Tanya from Save the Date for Cupcakes that let me know about it and helped me get on the list. You might have guessed by the fact this was my very first one that I'm not really a networker type of person. But this was MARTHA so how could I not??

Thankfully the Martha crew decided to move it from the roofdeck to an interior room because it was so damn hot out yesterday. Thank you!

marthabloggernightout4

I was lazy so I only took a few snaps with a tiny PS camera. I didn't take many shots because it was difficult to get a good shot with so many people there but the event was well styled. Great passed food and fun signature cocktails. I'll be stealing a few ideas.

marthabloggernightout6marthabloggernightout5marthabloggernightout7

We got to see some famous faces including Martha herself, her daughter Alexis, Kevin Sharkey and Darcy Miller. But the highlight of the night was meeting some other bloggers like Tanya, Camila of High Heeled Foot in the Door, Kelly of High Street Market, Kirsty of Posh Pixels and others. I also very briefly got to say hi to Erica of Design Blahg and Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day. Not surpringly, everyone is super nice. Too bad it was so loud in there that I could barely hear what was being said and I also missed a few other people I would have loved to meet.

I sort of expected way more home design bloggers based on the Kevin Sharkey appearance but there weren't that many of us (at least that I could find) but the night was fun in any event.

marthabloggernightout3
marthabloggernightout2marthabloggernightout1

It was great to meet some familiar and new faces while visiting the mecca of Martha-ness. I definitely felt a bit out of place not being a smoozer and not having blog business cards (I never thought I'd would need them!) but there is a first time for everything, right?

Were any of you there? How do you feel about blog networking events?

I don't have anything nearly as glam planned for the weekend. Just trying to stay cool and relax. Have a great one.