Monday, August 30, 2010

Kenya Concluded.

There isn't much more to say about our Kenyan safari (you can read my prior posts here and here ) its an experience I will never forget. It was everything I hope for in a trip - an exotic experience, luxurious accomadations, learning about different cultures, good weather and something beautiful to photograph. For those that are thinking of it, jump on a plane and go right now - you will not regret it. So while there isn't much more to say, I have plenty more to show you. Let's get to the snaps.

LightedLionessElephantPhotobyLukeGiraffeandHotAirBalloons2
GiraffeandHotAirBalloonsMongoose2GnuTrafficJam1LeaderofthepackWarthogRunHippointhewater2Cheetah1 CheetahRunning
LionwithBuffaloCarcass
GiantAssMoss

In addition to the animals, we also spent a few hours visiting a Masai village.
Makingfire1MasaiWomenandChild
MasaiWomen
MasaiHutMasaiWomanSinging
MasaiandCow

Right before we were set to leave I had a little run in with nature at lunch. Mr. Monkey wanted my bread. Even though it wasn't at all dangerous, I screamed my head off. Amazed I managed to press the shutter button.

MonkeyBusiness

It was only three days but it did feel like a lot longer. Maybe because its such a foreign experience? But I completely forgot about home for the entire time. But we had to go home sometime.

GoingHome

Back on the tin can to Nairobi before we took the long ride home.