Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stumpworks!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm loving the tree stump turned table idea. I actually scored a little pile of tree stumps (not ideal but its what I have) after being inspired by Kara Paslay's use of one as a nighstand. They've been sitting out in my yard for the full year so I'm not sure what shape they are in but I'm going to give a go at the project this weekend. Wish me luck!

She was even kind enough to do a video tutorial on her blog after I had asked her about it.

And evidently there are a few other stumpers out there who have managed to do this sucessfully. As Im completely enamored with these, they are worth a share.

This version from Under Construction involves leaving the bark on and adding some padding.

This example from Martha Stewart has the stumps all shiny lacquer red. Hot.

A slightly more upscale interpretation straight from Adrian Grenier's home courtesy of renest.

If you want to completely avoid getting your hands dirty, you can buy one from West Elm.


While clearly not an actual tree stump, this side table, from a company called Because We Can, would be just about adorable in a nursery. Don't you think?



Thats enough inspiration for now. Are there any other stumpers out there? I'd love to see what you've done with landscaping cast offs.