Wednesday, June 30, 2010

'All those who wander...' freebie

The past few weeks have been a bit extra stressful lately so I've been more emotional than my usual steely self. So when I stumbled upon this beautiful verse by J.R.R.Tolken, it hit a chord with my sensitive side. I've never read one of his books so aside from the first line, it was entirely new to me.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.


It inspired me to do another inspirational mini poster freebie (the first one here, inspired by my favorite movie). And while I know the second line has nothing to do with traveling per se, it certainly seems fitting for someone who loves to wander like me.

So from me to you, an inspirational mini poster. Hope it brightens your day. Just download and print.

Allthosewhowander

{DOWNLOAD IT HERE}

Whether your wandering involves pajamas in your living room or steamer trunks to Antarctica, this one is for you.

PS: Don't worry, Im not going to turn into one of those blogs that gets all
theoretical on you about the meaning of life or posts pictures of kittens hanging onto tree limbs. I promise to keep my weepy whiny time to a minimum.