Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shore Condo Files: The Kitchen

So back to the shore to show you the kitchen... (If you're wondering what is going on in here, click here to catch up.)

I've already mentioned that we painted the whole place as one of the first orders of business. The kitchen got a coat of one of my favorite colors, Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage. Just love that color - sometimes its blue, sometimes its green, sometimes its gray. Lovely.
Before_DuringWalkthru_Kitchen3KitchenJune2010

We also got a new (cheapo!) fridge because the last tenant was so disguisting we just couldn't bare putting anything we would eat inside of his. A new table and chairs from JCP on super sale was one of the first things ordered. And of course we scrubbed the hell out of every nook and cranny. But alas, there is only so much a brush (scrub or paint) can do. And there is just so much to hate in here. You might be thinking it doesn't look that bad but trust me, its worse in person.Wanna see my irk list?

WhatIhateabouttheshorekitchen

Its not in the cards (or budget) to renovate the kitchen right now. Maybe next year or the year after if all goes well? But not now. In the meantime I want to make a couple of changes that are long overdue like swaping the light fixtures and replacing those god awful blinds. But I'm loathe to do anything that is not going to work perfectly with the post renovation room. In other words, I'm suffering from decorators paralysis right now.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do when the time comes to do some demo in here...but until then Im sure I could do more to make it a little nicer that isn't going to be wasted later on.

So I'd love to hear your thoughts. What do you think?